Jon Gulley, senior application security penetration tester at the security firm nVisium, points out that “there is always some risk when updating core systems. Flaws like this one drive home the importance of performing regular backups not just for businesses, but also for consumers. This also underscores the importance of proper quality assurance checks and staged roll-outs so that these issues can be caught early and remedied prior to public release.”
- REWIND: InfoSec Trends That Dominated Headlines in 2021
- Vulnerability Management: Is Declining Mental Health Cybersecurity's Greatest Threat?
- Better Together: Why You Need a Security Champions Program
- The Top 5 Lessons Learned From the Great Facebook Outage of 2021
- Report Highlights Cybersecurity Dangers of Elastic Stack Implementation Mistakes