Application Security Consultant
Application Security Consultant
Who We Are
nVisium empowers organizations to eliminate application and cloud security vulnerabilities before cyber threats exploit them with proven in-depth security assessments, remediation and training programs. Our experienced team of security-savvy developers and engineers guide organizations to build best practices with high ROI into their engineering and development lifecycles across applications, operating systems, networks, mobile, cloud and IoT through services, software solutions and R&D unique to business operations and compliance initiatives. Additionally, nVisium provides a fully managed platform for tracking and measuring performance as well as instructor-led and online training. Privately owned and founded in 2009, nVisium is headquartered in Falls Church, VA, and names Fortune 500 companies and household brands as customers.
We are looking for an Application Security Consultant to join our growing technical delivery team. You will make an impact in securing software and products for the most recognizable brands in technology, finance, and healthcare. Security Consultants at nVisium engage with clients in the following ways:
- Work with engineering and product teams to integrate security into the software development lifecycle.
- Support source code reviews and penetration testing for web, mobile, IoT, and/or cloud-native architectures.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to build robust defenses into software across a diverse set of technologies.
After a few weeks of shadowing team members, new hires will have a solid understand of our daily process. This may include review of source code, dynamic testing applications or devices, or preparing documentation for our clients. Some other noteworthy responsibilities would include:
- Delivering deep security analysis across one or more of our core technical offerings (web, mobile, IoT, and cloud).
- Collaborate with engineering teams to devise novel approaches to securing software.
- Contribute to internal toolkits and methods for security automation and custom analysis.
- Provide feedback and assist in continuously improving nVisium’s products and services.
Qualities & Experience
- Passion for exploring software and identifying ways to attack and defend it.
- 1-3 years of web or mobile application security experience required. Experience with network, cloud or IoT security desired.
- Understanding of cloud-based architectures (AWS, Azure, GCP) and patterns such as microservices and cloud-native systems.
- Ability to collaborate and work directly with security and software teams to enhance the security posture of their systems.
Why You Should Join nVisium
- Work with a group of great, passionate, and interesting co-workers
- Work-Life Balance
- Ever-changing/variety of assessment work
- 100% Remote
- Drink your favorite coffee your way, every day
- Work with your favorite dog sleeping in the corner
- Set the lighting to suit you
- Never start your day frustrated because you were stuck in traffic for an hour
- Stop caring what the price of gasoline is
- Enjoy dinner at a reasonable hour with your family
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan with Employer Matching
- Generous PTO Policy
- Health Club Benefit
- Remote Connectivity Benefit
- Annual Training & Development Budget
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t See Your Dream Position?
Send your resume along with what position you are looking for and why. As a creative team, nVisium is always open to new ideas.
Ready to take your tech skills to the next level and work alongside our tight-knit team?
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com