Another critical part of that response will be keeping the public informed. “In the event data or critical systems were compromised, companies should be taking the unfortunate but necessary step of public disclosure and assessing not just the damage caused by SolarWinds’ compromise, but also the factors within their own networks that contributed to attackers moving freely between systems and networks,” said Jack Mannino, CEO at nVisium.
- REWIND: InfoSec Trends That Dominated Headlines in 2021
- Vulnerability Management: Is Declining Mental Health Cybersecurity's Greatest Threat?
- Better Together: Why You Need a Security Champions Program
- The Top 5 Lessons Learned From the Great Facebook Outage of 2021
- Report Highlights Cybersecurity Dangers of Elastic Stack Implementation Mistakes