Microsoft specifically raised concerns that TrickBot could be used to disrupt the U.S. presidential election. Jack Mannino, chief executive officer at application security provider nVisium LLC, said that the integrity and availability of systems during elections are critical to ensuring trust in the process. “Botnets can be used to overwhelm servers through well-timed DDoS attacks as well as erode trust against compromised systems,” he said.
- DDoS Attacks Against Online Retailers Increase Four-Fold During Pandemic
- Demystifying DevSecOps eBook
- Chrome gets patched again, but 83% of users aren’t running the latest version
- IoT Cybersecurity Improvement Act Passed, Heads to President’s Desk
- Threat modeling gets its manifesto: Map out your app sec risk first